Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Finding Love in Sourdough Toast


Happy Valentine's Day! My favorite holiday has looped back around once again. A holiday full of surprises, the unexpected, and going big for LOVE. And it is also time again for my annual valentine's blog message :)

Pete and I recently returned home from a wonderful vacation to southern california. We had a lot of much needed quality time together. I think we were literally with each other every minute for 8 days. I loved each one of those minutes for a different reason!

The funny thing is while on this vacation we discovered we both have an undying love for sourdough toast. Now for 5 and 1/2 years of marriage, we've never realized this. How you may ask? Well I've always noticed that Pete ordered sourdough toast when we are out for breakfast, but I always thought he did it because I liked it so much and then he could share a piece with me. Pete thought that (after all these years) I always buy sourdough toast at the grocery store just for him to make his sandwiches with. While out for breakfast in Laguna Beach, it came out that we both actually love sourdough toast and we have ever since we were children. We had a good laugh and were pretty touched that we both thought the other one was sacrificing sourdough toast.

I thought this story was a good one for Valentine's Day. Whether you have been married 5 1/2 years, 6 months, or 52 years. . . never stop finding out what your spouse loves. You may find out your taste buds have more things in common than you once thought. :) It always amazes me that year after year of knowing and loving someone you. . .there is always more to know and more to love about that person. That is what makes love so unbelievable and so adventurous!

So this year my Valentine's challenge is to you is to search out something new to love in your spouse or significant other, your friend, your parent, your child, or your co-worker. Add another reason to the list of why you love them or how they make your life a better place. That is what Valentine's Day is all about.

LOVE,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment