Monday, January 9, 2012

12 steps forward or 12 steps back?

Happy 2012! We have 12 months to make this year count and January is already in full swing! It was my new year resolution two years ago to start this blog and I have kept it going. Happy 2nd Anniversary Tell Me Moor! I write in waves, but my passion is always there. :)

I am all about new years resolutions. There is something extremely inspiring to me about setting new goals and having a clean slate to begin working on them. Each new year, Pete and I sit down, write them out, and talk about them. It is neat to look back at the end of a year and see where we have come-what goals we've accomplished and which ones we need to carry over to the next year. Someone asked me the other day, "But what if you fail?" I believe when setting a resolution the number one rule is don't be afraid of failing. If you fear failure you will not set your goals as high. You won't push yourself to take steps forward. Secondly, of course you will fail. Each year there is at least two or three resolutions I fail at, but then I step back and look at my life. Why didn't I accomplish that goal? Is that goal still a priority to me? And then most importantly, does that goal correlate with God's plan for my life? So go for it-make some resolutions-push yourself to take 12 steps forward this year in the right direction.

We usually make a long list of resolutions that cover lots of areas of life-personal, relationship spiritual, finance, career, travel, health, and recreational. They are big, small, silly, challenging, unique, and sometimes laughable-but they motivate us to keep taking those steps. Below I have shared 12 of our resolutions for 2012. I hope to blog about their progress this coming year. :)

1.) Start learning spanish (Maggie)

2.) Plan less, stay at home more (Both)

3.) Break 80 at golf (Pete)

4.) 100 pizza challenge (Both)

5.) Go somewhere I've never been (Maggie)

6.) 1 new hike a month (Both)

7.) Decide where we are going to live long term (Both)

8.) Grow in the patience (Maggie)

9.) Join a ministry at church (Pete)

10.) Read one book a month for sheer enjoyment (Maggie)

11.) Maintain a weekly date night (Both)

12.) Find joy in something new and out of the ordinary (Both)

2 comments:

  1. What is the 100 pizza challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach-we got a pizza cook book with 100 unique pizza recipes. I want to make all of them or at least half of them this year! :)

    ReplyDelete